Update, Thursday, September 24, 2020
September 23, 2020
Greetings all. Prayers for us all on this Thursday in early autumn.
I am hopeful that LABC will be well represented at the Annual meeting (on-line) of the Evergreen Baptist Association, Friday, October 9 thru Saturday, October 10. https://www.ea-abc.org/annual-meeting-2020.html
There has been much research published on this topic in recent months. Here is some important analysis from Good Faith Media https://goodfaithmedia.org/reaction-and-response-black-white-christians-diverge-on-racial-justice/
There will likely be some hearings before the end of year in regard to a nominee to the Supreme Court of the United States. Here is some good counsel from Rabbi Jack Moline, President of the Interfaith Alliance.
Religious freedom is a bedrock constitutional right. The First Amendment guarantees that every individual has freedom of belief, no matter faith or philosophy, and that the government may not favor any religion or religion itself.
- What role, if any, does your personal faith or philosophy play in your judicial philosophy?
- If a conflict arose between your faith and your obligations to the Constitution, how would you resolve it?
- How do you understand the Establishment Clause?
- Do you believe that the Free Exercise Clause supersedes the rights of others?
- Should taxpayer dollars be permitted to fund the mission of religious institutions, and, if so, should the government be allowed to regulate the use of those dollars?