Update, Thursday, November 18, 2021
November 16, 2021
Some updates and reminders.
1. The memorial service for Dayle Scott is this Saturday, November 21. You can attend in-person or via livestream.
2. Our Thanksgiving Sunday Worship service will be followed by a quarterly meeting of the congregation. The main agenda items are the reports from the Nominating and Budget Committees. You can attend in person or via Zoom. If you would like to review these reports in advance let me know at email@example.com and I will email them to you as soon as I have them.
3. The Stanford Blood Center Mobile Bloodmobile will be across the street from the church on Sunday, November 28. If you are able to donate blood please use this link to sign-up. This effort is led by Phillip Martin.
4. Support of the Global Mission of the American Baptist Churches is an important component of the mission of our congregation. The report from Kihomi and Nzunga in Haiti lifts up the kind of work we support.
Dear Loved Ones,
Greeting. In our recent journal, we told you of the eye clinic driver going to our house to pick up the reserve of a drum of fuel.
In a country where everything is risky, the staff of the eye clinic are risking their life to help the less fortunate.
Wednesday November 10, the team drove to Ouanaminthe and on Friday November 12 they went to Limbe. In those two sites they consulted 146 patients. They gave out 57 reading glasses.
Among those consulted was Mr. Cadet Edner 104 years old.
All those patients would not have had the chance to be consulted at home without your love and your support.
Thank you for not giving up on our beloved Haiti.
Serving Him in Haiti,
nzunga & kihomi
5. LABC also supports the Bethany Baptist Orphanage in Mbale, Uganda. Reverend Brian Byamukama sends this update from Uganda.
Hi Pr Jim,
News allover indicates saddens in Uganda. A dark cloud looms over Uganda after 3 suicide bombers detonated themselves near parliament and Central Police Station killing at least 3 people leaving about 33 others critically injured in Kampala.
According to Uganda Police Force reports, 1 suicide bomber detonated an explosive outside Central Police Station while 2 suicide bombers blew themselves up near parliament.
Let’s please hold Uganda in our prayers
Byamukama Lawring Brian
Rural Based Human Rights Defender
Rural Movement Initiative (RUMI)
6. There is a Ceasefire Call in at LABC this evening. Please pray that important communication delivered will be taken to heart.
Tonight on LABC Zoom – Together In Spirit, 6:00