Update, January 27, 2021
January 26, 2021
The humanitarian crisis in Yemen can seem very distant, especially in this era of domestic crisis and global pandemic. Still, I invite you to pause today to pray for Yemen and, as you are led, to call or email your congress member on behalf of the people of Yemen. There is a significant Yemenese community in Oakland.
From Peace Action and Global Day of Action For Yemen
As you know, Saudia Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, with U.S. backing and support, have waged a brutal war on Yemen since 2014 with horrifying results.
- The war’s staggering death toll of over 100,000 people.
- The worst humanitarian crisis anywhere in the world according to the UN.
- An estimated more than 24 million people in the country, which was already one of the poorest on the planet prior to the war, in need of humanitarian assistance in 2021.
Today, we’ve come together in an internationally coordinated “Day of Action” on Yemen, with over 260 organizations across 17 countries participating. Together, we’re demanding:
- Stop all foreign aggression on Yemen.
- Restore all foreign aid to Yemen and reverse the Houthi foreign terrorist designation.
- Lift the blockade on Yemen and open all land and seaports.
- Stop arming Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
Blessings on our planet today,
Today on LABC Zoom
10:30 a.m. Wednesday Prayer and Bible Study
5:30 “Ours the Journey” A Service honoring the 25th Anniversary of the Disfellowshipping