October 9, 2017
October 9, 2017
We were honored to have The Reverend Dr. James Brenneman, President of the American Baptist Seminary of the West as our guest preacher yesterday. We thank him for his splendid sermon “Privilege, Rubbish and Call.”
On October 15th my sermon will be “Part of Something Much Greater Than Ourselves.” Preaching from Matthew 22: 1-14, the parable of the Wedding Banquet, my theme will be that while all are invited to the heavenly feast it is expected that we honor the host, appreciate the meal and respect our fellow hosts. When we do these three things we come to the hopeful understanding that we are part of something much greater than ourselves.
There are a host of wonderful invitations for the week ahead; The Ordination Council for Sydney Webster is Tuesday at 7:00 in the Sanctuary, Flick Flack meets Friday evening at 7:00 at the home of Barbara Bowman and Forever Young meets on Saturday at 12:30 in the Family Room.
Prayers of the Congregation
- Camille Parker on family as the mourn Warren’s death (10-7-17)
- Pam Claassen as she mourns the death of her longtime friend, Susan
- Dave and Sheryl Gattey, Dave is in Alta Bates Hospital
- David and Carol Bartlett, David is under hospice care at their home in Connecticut
- Pastor Tanner as she travels
- Dale Edmondson as he preaches at Northbrae Commmunity Church
- Sydney Webster as she goes before the PCBA Ordination Council
- Leslyn Henry and Anthony Marshall
- All who are grieving
- All who are looking for work
- All who are anxious
- Mary Karne for Maryla
- Zondra Martin for Marty
- Barbara Hunt for her family
- Sandra Dunn
- Robert Wilkins
- Kay Baxter for her family
- Joan Patten for Peter
- Thanksgiving for the Pacific Coast Baptist Association
- Thanksgiving for the Evergreen Baptist Association
- Thanksgiving for the American Baptist Seminary of the West
- Thanksgiving with Dayle and Darlene Scott on their 67th Wedding Anniversary
- Prayers for all who are being affected by the Sonoma and Napa County fires
- The homeless of our cities
Gail Carter received word from Lydia Anderson’s family in Georgia that Lydia passed away on Saturday.
It was good to see Ruben Artery in church on Sunday after he was involved in a very scary truck/deer collision on Friday morning.
Dave Gattey has been released from the hospital and has returned home.
Lorraine Weese is in the Skilled Nursing Facility at Lake Park Towers.
The Forum this Sunday will be a Hunger Task Force sponsored letter writing in support of Bread for the World.