October 20, 2015
October 20, 2015
My sermon on Sunday will be “Which One Are You?”, based on Mark 10: 46-52, Mark’s account of Jesus’ healing of Blind Bartimaeus. We will consider each of the individuals and groups in this miracle narrative and point out how they represent people much like you and me.
Of particular note will be “holy hushers” in the crowd of onlookers, those who told Bartimaeus to quit shouting and keep his voice down, and Bartimaeus himself, who, though blind, could see how important it was to follow Jesus.
Prayers of the Congregation
- Jim and Beverly Jeffrey as Jim recuperates from surgery
- Ben Maruca as he prepares for a scientific expedition in Antarctica
- Steve and Carol Leichter
- Warren and Camille Parker
- Edie Parrott
- Joni Nomura
- LeAnn Flesher for her father
- Alice Edmondson as she cares for her sister
- Marion Scire for her sister-in-law
- Pat Hughes for her sister-in-law
- All who are searching for housing
- Sheila Brown for her friend Linda
- Cordia, Lee for family, friends, her workplace and herself
- Mikki Boyd, recuperating following automobile accident
- A negotiated peace between Israel and its neighbors
- The people of the Philippines in the midst of Typhoon Koppu
- Thanksgiving for all first responders
- Thanksgiving with Marie Johnson that Donnie is doing well following a bicycle accident
- Thanksgiving with Ted and Doris for their family (celebrating their grandson’s birthday)
- Thanksgiving for the work of Judge/Pastor Wendell Griffen (New Millennium Church, Pulaski County Circuit Judge, Little Rock, AR)
- Thanksgiving with Jennifer and Chad for a beautiful wedding
Forever Young will gather this Saturday!
Having seen the movie “Eastside Sushi” and found it delightful I want to invite everyone to the lunch ($5) and program this Saturday at 12:30. The speakers will be Vickie Wong (Assistant Producer) and Miyoko Sakatani (Actress who played Mrs. Yoshida). Please RSVP to George Lee (510-832-2408) or Sandra Lee (Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 21.
Also, our Lakeshore Children’s Center Parents are holding a Rummage Sale on the Kinder Haus lawn from 9:00-1:00 this Saturday. Please drop by.
Reminder – Hunger Task Force Meeting This Sunday! Let’s Get Ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas!