Labor Day 2015
Labor Day 2015
September 7, 2015
Labor Day Greetings,
On this day that we honor the contributions to the common good of all who labor and of organized labor, it is important to note that there are many in our communities who are searching for employment. Hence, I share this prayer from the Book of Common Prayer.
Heavenly Father, we remember before you those who suffer want and anxiety from lack of work. Guide the people of this land so to use our public and private wealth that all may find suitable and fulfilling employment, and receive just payment for their labor; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Please know that you are invited to come by the Sanctuary this Friday evening, September 11, between 5:30 and 7:30 for A Time To Reflect. Even if you only have a few minutes it will be time well spent as we think on the meaning of this momentous day in American history and on the changing of the seasons.
Please know that you are also invited to join us for an All Church Workday on Saturday, between 9 and 12. We want our campus to be bright and shiny for homecoming Sunday, September 20.
Please Remember in Prayer
- Sandra Dunn and family on the death of her father, Herman
- Kristen Wilson and family on the death of her father, Peter
- Jerry Wolf and family on death of his mother, Isabelle
- The Rovetta family on the death of Sydney (one of Carlo and Winnie’s five children)
- Bjoe Morris as he recuperates from a broken hip
- All our shut ins
- Joan Patten for Peter and Paula
- Kay Baxter for her family
- The Picou-Broadnax family for Aliyah
- Warren and Camille Parker
- All who are fleeing war, famine and desperation
- Thanksgiving for the witness of the Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists
- Thanksgiving with Tuck Chin and family on his 93rd Birthday
- Thanksgiving for all the new members of LABC