June 7, 2012
June 7, 2016
It is Primary Election Day in California. Please remember to vote by 8:00 tonight.
Thanks again to all who, once again, made our Hunger Walk such a marvelous success. Many will benefit from your caring. I am already looking forward to next year and the 35th Annual Walk.
This Sunday, June 12, we will honor our graduates and promotees. The sermon will be “A Conversation with Julian, Chris and Michael.” Reading from Psalm 100, “Make a joyful noise to the Lord,” Pastor Tanner and I will invite these recent graduates to talk about the ways they are “making noise” as followers of our Lord.
At the Coffee Hour there will be cake to celebrate our graduates as well as thank our Choir and Hand Bell Choir for another year of beautiful music.
Prayers of the Congregation
- Helen Harrison for her friend Claudia (surgery this week)
- Thanksgiving with all our graduates and their families
- Thanksgiving with our Executive Minister Marcia Patton on the 40th Anniversary of her Ordination
- Dennis Tanner (health concerns)
- Joan Thatcher (SNF Piedmont Gardens)
- Brenda Mabry (recuperating from surgery)
- Jeanne Robinson as she lobbies for housing justice in Sacramento this week
- Thanksgiving with Al Johnson on a new job
- Max Vines as he continues to gain strength
- Alean Saunders-Coffey for Wendell
- Carolyn Matthews for her son as he seeks a new teaching post
- Thanksgiving for the enduring ministry of our Lakeshore Children’s Center
- Mary Karne for the family and friends of Dave Schenderlein as they mourn his death
- Doris and Ted Evans
- Myra Saxton and Lucille Riggins
- Thanksgiving for the leadership of Oakland Community Organizations in our city
- The residents and staff of Grand Gardens
- The residents and staff of Piedmont Gardens
- Larry Sims for his family
- Joan Patten for Paula
- Pastor John Giles and the members of Union Baptist Church, Oakland
- Ann Fields for her family
- The people of Venezuela in a very difficult time (There is a member congregation of the Evergreen Baptist Association in La Aguadita)
- Thanksgiving with The Reverend Dr. Zau Ya Lahpai and the Burmese Christian community Church of San Jose as they celebrate the 20th anniversary of their congregation
There is still time to register for “Communication in the Church,” the Spring Conference of the Pacific Coast Baptist Association, to be held this Sunday afternoon from 2-6 at Grace Baptist Church in San Jose. Register at www.pcba.org