June 6, 2012
June 6, 2012
Many thanks to all who helped make the Hunger Walk a success – and for all who participated on Sunday in living out our mission statement of working, witnessing and worshiping together to advance God’s purpose in all of life.
This coming Sunday is Graduation and Promotion Sunday. During worship we will honor all our graduates as well as all students entering a new level of schooling. The Scripture for Sunday comes from 1 Corinthians 13:9-13. Paul reminds his readers that the Christian journey is one of growth and learning. In worship, we will lift up the spiritual practice of study.
I hope you will be able to join us on Sunday!
Prayers of the Congregation
- All who are looking for work
- All who are grieving
- Michael Sampson for his housing situation
- B’Joe Morris looking for housing
- Helen Harrison for Karen Casey
- Steve and Carol Leichter
- Debra Dizin – for Lisa with undiagnosed health concerns
- Mary Karne – for her daughter Maryla whose husband recently passed away
- Grand Lake Gardens in a time of transition
- Shirley Jones as she prepares to move
- Allison and Roehl as they prepare to move into their new home
- Chris Boisvert for his mom and his friend Christian
- Pia for her family
- Reid Albano recovering from injuries from a mine explosion in Afghanistan
- Pat Hughes for Patti (daughter-in-law) in treatment for breast cancer and Richard (brother) in hospice care
- Phil and Gloria Meads for Jon and John looking for work, for Max Powers and for Philip Oliver grieving the loss of a friend
- Thanksgiving for a successful Hunger Walk
- Prayers for all who will receive assistance from the Hunger Task Force
- Celebration with Aaron Hopkins and Teresa Gill on their wedding
- June 14 Action – Please come out and support the vision and plan of Lakeshore’s Local Organizing Committee to decrease the achievement gap and improve the graduation rate for students of color at Oakland Technical High School through a unique partnership with Holy Names University. The Action will take place at 6 p.m. in the Family Room.
- A memorial service for Susan Joachim will be held on Saturday, June 16, at 2 p.m. If you would like to help with the reception, light refreshments (finger foods, fruit, cookies, etc.) would be appreciated. Contact Paige Bence for more details.