July 3, 2012
July 3, 2012
A special thanks to the Men’s Fellowship for providing a grand picnic and tasty BBQ! What a great way to kick off 4th of July celebrations!
We continue to give thanks for the life and ministry of The Reverend Dr. Rod Romney and all he has meant to the ongoing ministry of Lakeshore. He passed away peacefully last Saturday, with his beloved wife Beverly at his side. Lakeshore will have memorial service honoring Rod in July or early August; more details to come. His obituary can be found here.
The Scripture for this Sunday comes from Luke 5:12-16. In the midst of his busy days, Jesus made it a point to regularly go off by himself and pray. We can learn a lot from his example. Join me on Sunday as we worship, pray and explore the spiritual practice of prayer together.
Prayers of the Congregation
- Beverly Romney as she mourns Rod’s passing
- Virginia Cheatham – Summit hospital
- Bette Pancoe
- Sylvia Lee
- Marie Johnson as she prepares for knee surgery on Thursday
- Steve Leichter
- Stan Hastey as he mourns his mother’s passing
- All who are grieving
- Theresako Harris for her Aunt Elaine
- Jesus Portillo for Marion Miller undergoing cancer treatment
- Janice Ewing for her mother and all her mother’s caregivers
- Gloria and Phil Meads for Martha Ettinger and John
- Maxine O’Guinn for Beatrice Lee and family and for Charlotte and James Campbell
- Are you receiving an electronic version of the Transmitter yet? Would you like to? Sign up instructions can be found in the latest Transmitter edition. Help the church save paper and stamps – and check out what the Transmitter looks like in color!