July 18, 2012
July 18, 2012
Life is much quieter around church this week, and the sanctuary has been de-decorated from Vacation Bible Camp. Next Monday, Jim returns to the office and I head off with Sheila Sims and five teens to Washington D.C. for Immerse: A National Gathering of American Baptist Youth. Over 1,000 teens (and adult leaders) are signed up to worship, study and serve God in our nation’s capital. Our group returns just in time for Lakeshore’s Annual Church retreat August 3-5. (There are still a few spots available if you can get away.) Opportunities for spiritual growth and adventure abound at Lakeshore this summer!
I look forward to one final Sunday worshipping at Lakeshore before my adventures take me away for a few Sundays. This week, our Scripture comes from Romans 12:1-2, 9-21, where Paul encourages the church in Rome to continually be renewed in their faith. My encouragement to the church at Lakeshore will be to continue to practice our faith together, as God’s Spirit leads us.
Prayers of the Congregation
- Bette Pancoe – Summit hospital
- John Taylor – health concerns
- Ted Evans – health concerns
- Virginia Cheatham – convalescing at Piedmont Gardens
- Gordon White – convalescing at Piedmont Gardens
- Gloria Joseph – convalescing at home
- All who are grieving
- Theresako Harris for her Aunt Elaine
- Larry Sims for his family
- Phil and Gloria Meads as they remember Martha Ettinger and prayers for Stu and Jon
- Thanksgiving for all who helped with and participated in Vacation Bible Camp
- Travel mercies for the teens and leaders traveling to Washington D.C.
- Arnold Anderson – Eden hospital (Castro Valley)
- Helen Harrison for Al Reyes and family who lost both parents last night, Karen Casey battling cancer, and Christ Buckingham facing surgery on July 26
- All who seek assistance from the church
- Steven and Carol Leichter
- Larry Sims who is mourning the loss of his brother
- Mary Karne for her cousin Sharon
- Carol Travis for her aunt whose husband recently passed away
- The Department of Hospitality and Events requests food donations (cookies, fruit, finger foods) for the coffee hour on July 29 (Welcome back Jim!) and the reception following the Memorial Service for Rod Romney (that afternoon). If you are able to help with either event, please contact Carol Glann at 316-8432.