Easter Season – Saturday, May 2
May 1, 2020
Additional Concerns and Celebrations – Marian Ott is currently hospitalized following emergency surgery yesterday; Thanksgiving with Ashley Ash and family upon her completion (with honors) of an MBA at Holy Names University.
Here is an update on what is going on in the Lakeshore Business District that was prepared by Kira Pascoe, Co-Administrator of the Lakeshore Avenue Business Improvement District of which I am Board President. It makes for some interesting Saturday reading.
See you at Zoom Church tomorrow at 10:00. BYOBB (Bring Your Own Bed and Beverage) Communion. “A Time For Prayer” meets this morning at 10:00
1) LAKESHORE HELPING HEALTH CARE
Show our appreciation for the health care workers risking their own safety to protect ours. It’s also a way to generate business for our neighborhood restaurants to help keep their doors open and their employees working. And it’s a way for all of us in the community to help.
Your donation will pay for meals at Flipside Burgers, Lin Jia Kitchen, Rico Rico Taco, and Shakewell. Those meals, 25-50 at a time, will be delivered to Alta Bates, Children’s, Highland and Kaiser for their ER staff during their shifts. Assuming donations go well, we will add restaurants or meals or both as we move forward. This is a neighborhood program. It is set up to help the restaurants and health care workers who serve our neighborhood.
If you’re interested, please check out our website at www.lakeshorehelpinghealthcare.com. And if you can, please make a donation. And more importantly, maybe tell a few neighbors or friends.
Thank you for supporting our neighbors and our neighborhood.
2) As part of Hospital Feed ER, Miri Levy, owner of Holy Land, made dozens of meals for Highland Hospital ER staff and, when Hospital Feed ER had car issues, loaded and helped deliver the food in her own truck.
3) Proposition Chicken: Thanks to the incredible generosity of Marcus and Tarah Semien of OaklandAthletics our Oakland restaurant delivered 150 meals today for AC Transit employees @rideact!
(FYI: The Semiens also donated hundreds of meals to Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, Oakland Public Works and BART employees – supporting our local frontline workers as well as Oakland restaurants).
4) Bardo Lounge and Supper Club is donating 10% of all Grab and Go Cocktail Proceeds to Meals on Wheels
5) Shakewell is helping the community access fresh vegetables by being a drop-off point for Star Route Farm’s CSA (customers can order veggie boxes online and get their boxes at Shakewell on Wednesdays, 11:30 am – 7:00 pm) AND Shakewell is still making amazing food and cocktails for pickup and delivery during Shelter-in-Place
6) Namaste Yoga: Giving away free online yoga classes for local Bay Area hospital health care providers.
7) Hipline has created a FOR MY SIS program in order to serve participants who may be in financial distress due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The way this works is that they are matching them with Hipliners that have expressed interest in supporting their sister Hipliners by paying for their classes. If you would like to participate in the FOR MY SIS program either as a donor or as a recipient, please go to this Linktree site or email email@example.com. As Hipline says “Here’s our opportunity to put our hands out, grab one another, lean in, and celebrate sisterhood!”
Changes Businesses Have Made (along with Food being only pickup or Delivery):
• Adventure Toys
Curbside Pickup and Delivery:
• Silver Moon Kids
• Bay-Made (recently)
• Heart and Dagger Bottle Shop
• Hipline, Namaste Yoga, The Barre Method Zoom Fitness
• Holy Land looking at Zoom cooking classes
• Bardo (cocktails order ahead, pickup on Fridays)
• Buckingham Wines and Spirits using Drizzly App for delivery
• Cana Livestream Sunday Funday and have food and cocktails to-go
• Gymboree providing YouTube links with classes (may be part of the bigger Gymboree)
Employee Relief Funds:
• The Cat House
• Lakeshore Cafe
Lakeshore BID Co-Administrator